We understand the vital role energy plays in your everyday life.
Throughout uncertain times and beyond, we’re committed to supporting our people, customers and the community.
We understand that there are certain times in life when paying bills can be a challenge, and that there are people in our community who continue to be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Core to our commitment is the support options we will continue to provide to every residential and small business customer who reaches out for assistance to pay their bill.
ActewAGL supports customers facing financial difficulties every day, and this won’t change. Here are just some of the ways we can be there for you.
- Offering tailored payment extensions and flexible payment arrangements, adjusted to your circumstances.
- Giving advice on eligibility for concessions and rebates.
- Providing access to our financial hardship program, Staying Connected. Through the program, you’ll receive personalised support from our dedicated hardship team.
- Encouraging you to set up EvenPay direct debit, which splits the cost of your annual energy bills into set, smaller fortnightly or monthly payments, making bills more manageable and predictable.
- Checking that you're on the best energy plan for you.
- Providing practical energy saving tips and advice.
We're aware of the impacts to income that some of our business customers have experienced due to COVID-19. The same measures we have in place for residential customers are also available for small business customers.
In this time of continued financial uncertainty, we’ve temporarily extended our Staying Connected program to include small businesses (usage under 100MWh) affected by COVID-19.
Through unpredictable challenges, know that we’re here for you. Our local team are available to provide expert energy advice and seamless support from right here, in the heart of Canberra.
Please take care and stay safe. For the latest advice on the COVID-19 pandemic, visit these trusted sources.
Events like the COVID-19 pandemic affect everyone differently and it’s reasonable to feel stressed or uncertain. If you’d like to talk to someone, call Lifeline on 13 11 14.